Design Forward showcases the top 10 fashion designers who have made a commitment to ethical practices, without sacrificing style.
May 27th @ Appel Salon, Toronto
We are partnering with H&M to Close the Loop in a Green Carpet Challenge!
Bring your unwanted garments to Design Forward to be recycled.
Snap a pic of you on our green carpet with your unwanted
pieces for a chance to win prizes.
Application deadline is midnight on Tuesday May 10th
Fashion is about
In 2016, Design Forward was a curated, conscious, collective runway event that showcased how far sustainable fashion has progressed in recent years.
For 2017, we are excited to bring back Canada’s Sustainable Fashion Award – with a prize valued at $50,000!
Join us on May 27th at the Appel Salon in Toronto, featuring the 10 semi-finalists on the runway. The 3 finalists will then present 10 looks at Toronto Women’s Fashion Week in August!
Application deadline is midnight on Sunday April 16th.
FTA will provide the chosen designers with the following…
- Professional stylist who will work with you on each of your three looks
- Eco friendly hair and makeup artists
- Three professional models
- Professional photography of your looks –both on and off the runway
- Logo projection during your “segment”
- Social media mentions (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Press Release mention (listing the 10 chosen designers with link to your website)
- Logo & link on the FTA website
- Event production including: DJ, lighting, venue, security, staffing, graphic design, ticket sales, publicity & promotion, food and beverage, sponsorship & overall guest experience.
- Locally made
- Fair Trade
- Use of organic, sustainable or recycled fabrics
- Upcycled or repurposed
- Natural, non toxic dyes
- Zero Waste
- Slow Fashion (not mass produced, quality-made garments)