Application Deadline: 5pm, Sept. 30, 2020
Programs Associate, Part-time contract.
Ideal candidate lives in Canada, preferably in the Toronto area.
About Fashion Takes Action
Fashion Takes Action is Canada’s premier not for profit organization, formed in 2007, dedicated to sustainable fashion. Our mission is to advance sustainability in the entire fashion system, through education, awareness, research and collaboration. Our role is to identify the barriers to sustainability, and then do what we can to remove those barriers.
Overview of FTA Programming
- My Clothes My World – Youth education workshops (in person and now digital) for students in grades 4-12
- WEAR Conference & Webinar Series – designed for the fashion industry, featuring global leaders and best practices
- Sustainable Fashion Toolkit – an online database featuring hundreds of vetted resources related to a variety of topics (water, waste, chemicals, materials, labour, SDGs and more)
- Circular Fashion Projects – from convening the Ontario Textile Diversion Collaborative to conducting a national Textile Recycling Feasibility study, we are leading the way in making fashion circular for Canada.
The Programs Associate will provide administrative support to the Executive Director as it relates to all of FTA’s programming. In addition this role will be responsible for providing support in event planning and execution, stakeholder and client relations, internal and external communications, research and other special projects.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide calendar management, meeting preparation and other related duties
- Participate in the development and implementation of events and projects
- Provide meeting support including: contacting participants, preparing relevant documents, booking rooms, attending meetings, taking minutes and following up on decisions within scope of responsibility
- Create and distribute newsletters, blog posts and update relevant web content
- Develop and execute social media strategy across multiple channels
- Provide research assistance for developing contacts, resources and data
- Identify local, national and global partnership opportunities
- Volunteer outreach and communications
- Fashion brands and retailers, industry associations, government agencies and ministries, granting organizations, sponsors, speakers and collaborative partners (local, national and global)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to pick up complex concepts quickly and work independently
- 2-5 years of experience in either administrative, project management or communications role, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interest in fashion, ethics and the environment
- Strong capabilities in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google, Hootsuite, Zoom
- Experience using InDesign, Photoshop and/or Canva would be an asset
- Proven and very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background with email distribution software (i.e. MailChimp)
- Strong time-management and detail orientation to handle fast-paced environment
- Good relationship management skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Curiosity, ability to learn quickly and be proactive
- Experience in dealing with senior executives and able to employ tact and diplomacy
Position & Contract
This is a part-time position, at approximately 20-25 hours per week. No time tracking is necessary as this is a performance-based position for which clear outcomes and priorities will be identified.The contract will commence mid October 2020 and will be valid for 3 months. At that time, the position will be reviewed with the opportunity for a renewed contract.