Marketing Coordinator, Summer Contract (14 weeks x 30/hours week)
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
About Fashion Takes Action (FTA)
FTA is a small, grass-roots non profit organization based in Toronto Canada, whose team works closely to achieve our mission to advance sustainability, ethics and circularity in the fashion system. We support and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion, and are committed to making staff and contract positions accessible and welcoming to all – regardless of ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
The Marketing Coordinator will have the opportunity to develop and strengthen a number of skills as they relate to the following tasks:
- Build time management, teamwork and communications skills using FTA’s communications strategy as a guide to create a social media calendar, create cohesive narratives, and share organizational resources and updates, media coverage, events etc
- Increase community management skills by engaging in our social communities on IG, FB, TikTok
- Plan and execute using Hootsuite
- Develop film and editing skills by creating content when necessary (ie IG Stories, IG Reels, IGTV, TikTok videos)
- Develop marketing skills by contributing to FTA’s monthly newsletter deployed through Mailchimp
- Improve design skills by laying out monthly content
- Become better organized by managing email database
- Improve design skills by creating social assets using Canva
- Develop communications skills when sharing social assets with promotional partners
- Build WordPress knowledge by updating website content and blog posts when required
Our Ideal Candidate would have most if not all of these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or working toward this if still in school)
- Proactive self-starter who is set up to work independently from home
- Highly social media literate and adept at all platforms
- Ability to understand trends in the digital content and social media space
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interest in, and curiosity around sustainable fashion, ethics and the environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong capabilities in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite, Hootsuite, Zoom, Mailchimp, WordPress (Survey Monkey an asset).
- Experience using InDesign, Photoshop and/or Canva an asset
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to take direction and not afraid to ask questions for clarity
This is a contract position, at 30 hours per week for 14 weeks between May 16 and August 26. No time tracking is necessary as this is a performance-based position for which clear outcomes and priorities will be identified.
Wage: $18/hour (+4% vacation)
Location: Remote/Work from home
Fashion Takes Action is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We therefore strongly encourage those who self-identify as racialized, Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit) or LGBTQ2+ to apply for this position.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that statistic and apply. No one meets 100% of the criteria. We look forward to your application.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
[email protected] with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator”