Research Assistant, Summer Contract (12 weeks x 30/hours week)
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
About Fashion Takes Action (FTA)
FTA is a small, grass-roots non profit organization based in Toronto Canada, whose team works closely to achieve our mission to advance sustainability, ethics and circularity in the fashion system. We support and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion, and are committed to making staff and contract positions accessible and welcoming to all – regardless of ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender or identity.
The role of the Research Assistant is to conduct policy research for FTA and advise on how to incorporate into the organization. The candidate will have the opportunity to deepen existing skills through the following tasks:
- Build on knowledge of public policy through research
- Improve communications by providing FTA staff briefings and recommendations to the Manager on policy research findings, policy options and issues solutions.
- Improve research, qualitative and quantitative analysis and identifying/assessing emerging issues, trends, risks, impacts and developments in the fashion industry
- Conduct comparative analysis of policy options related to political, environmental, social, and financial risks, opportunities and impacts in the fashion industry.
Our Ideal Candidate would have most if not all of these skills:
- Previous experience conducting policy reviews or analysis
- Currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor’s degree in Policy or related
- Strong understanding of policy especially in the context of the fashion industry, labour and environment
- Strong research and dissemination skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong capabilities in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite
This is a contract position at 30 hours a week, for 12 weeks between May 23 and August 26. No time tracking is necessary as this is a performance-based position for which clear outcomes and priorities will be identified.
Wage: $22/hour (+4% vacation)
Location: Remote/Work from home
Fashion Takes Action is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We therefore strongly encourage those who self-identify as racialized, Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit) or LGBTQ2+ to apply for this position.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that statistic and apply. No one meets 100% of the criteria. We look forward to your application.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
[email protected] with the subject line “Research Assistant”